Table of Contents
The craze for face piercings is emerging all over the world. From getting ears pierced to nose piercing, Facial piercing is of many types such as lip piercing, eyebrow piercing, nose piercing, and dermal piercing. Like tattoos, face piercing has become a form of self-expression.
Before choosing a piercing studio, be sure you have a good advisor who will guide you about the experience and the best piercing. Let us know about different types of facial piercing.
Different types of facial piercing
A horizontal tongue piercing is not that easy. For instance, a person who got a tongue piercing reported some issues such as a long healing time, slurred speech, and lots of pain.
In chin piercing, the piercing enters at a low point inside the mouth below the lower lip and exists just above the chin.
It is the most common piercing around the world. Nose piercing goes through the cartilage which takes a long time to recover.
Medusa is usually done with labret studs and is located in the philtrum. It takes around six months to heal.
It is also known as eyelid piercing and it is done on eyelids. It requires about 8 weeks for healing.
It is a surface piercing, and it is done on the bridge of the nose. It takes a long time to heal about 8 to 12 weeks.
Cheek piercing is done in the place of dimples. In other words, it is also known as dimple piercing.
Let us understand the risk involved in piercing
- If the piercing equipment has not been sterilized properly, you may receive an infection.
- Infection can cause by bacteria that get into the piercing area. You can prevent this by cleaning the piercing area regularly.
- The piercing gun can not be sterilized and should be used for every type of facial piercing.
- If you are allergic to specific jewelry metal, you may have to face some serious health issues. Therefore, check the information on the jewelry.
Cleaning and care
A face piercing involves many infections and risks. And so, it is important to do proper cleaning and care.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial liquid or soap before touching the area.
- Use a clean paper towel to clean your piercing area.
- Gently remove the crust that is formed around the piercing.
- Do not pick off the crust too harshly.
- Do not play with jewelry.
Check the jewelry material
To clarify, you also need to choose your jewelry material wisely before going through the piercing process.
- Surgical titanium: – People claim that titanium causes the least irritation.
- Stainless steel: – It is the most famous material used for piercing.
- Niobium: – It is a hypoallergenic material.
- Gold: – It is important to check the quality of gold. Gold-plated jewelry may lead to infections and irritation.
There is no fixed duration for healing the piercing. The healing property differs from person to person. The healing process depends upon proper care and the type of your body. To reduce the piercing pain, you have to take proper precautions.