Be spontaneous, surprise her with a cold picnic just for the two of you.
The weather it’s getting warmer and warmer: the days are getting longer, and the flowers are blooming.
Everyone enjoys a nice picnic outdoors. Why don’t you arrange a cold picnic with her this weekend? Forget about the usual, sometimes boring, weekend activities. A cold picnic is a great idea, easy to prepare, and breaks that weekend routine. It also gives you two some quality time together, which you probably cannot afford having during the week.
But how can you prepare a cold picnic without too much effort? Can you have it without a special basket or sophisticated utensils? Absolutely!
Don’t get caught into details, and arrange it by aiming to simply spend quality time with your loved one. All you need is a blanket, food that doesn’t require cooking, and of course drinks. You definitely want to enjoy a glass of wine or champagne outdoors.
Here are 5 simple tips and food ideas for a cold picnic.
What to Pack for a Cold Picnic
There are a few essentials that you need for a cold picnic:
- A blanket: you don’t need a special blanket, you can use any large cloth. A good alternative is an old bed sheet or comforter.
- Napkins: again, don’t worry if you don’t have special picnic cloth napkins. Take some paper napkins or even paper towels.
- Glasses: any plastic or reusable cups will do the job.
- Utensils: it’s a cold picnic, so you can eat much of the food by hand. Take some utensils if you think of bringing a salad, or anything else similar.
- Corkscrew: you don’t want to take a bottle of wine with you, and not be able to open it.
- Picnic basket or carry bag: a picnic basket looks nice, but might be uncomfortable at the same time. So if you don’t have one, use a more practical, simple carry bag.
5 Picnic Food Ideas:
These picnic food ideas are easy to prepare as they do not require to be heated up:
- Focaccia sandwiches: they can be made with any ingredients you like.
- Veggie pockets: delicious and easy to make, with crisp vegetables.
- Hummus & Veggie Wrap: one of my favorite cold picnic food ideas; easy to prepare and eat.
- Fruit Salad: pick your favorite fruits and simply mix them up; perfect for a hot summer afternoon.
- Tomato Feta Salad: tomatoes, feta, onions, with a balsamic dressing. Can’t be easier.
If you are not the one who usually comes up with weekend activities ideas in your relationship, this is your chance. Dare to impress her. Enjoy!
Check also: Solar-Powered Tent Concept – Futuristic Camping