Do you have a big group of friends or a big family? Are you planning a cool summer escape at the beach? But where to squeeze everyone? Well, you don’t have to worry about this anymore, and forget about the squeezing! Just take a look at this one of a kind 1965 Volkswagen stretch microbus with no less than 33 windows. Now that’s arriving in style! Oh, and did I mentioned it has a rag-top sunroof?
[adsense300gray]Built by a Volkswagen restoration shop in Southern California, it was designed to be used as a limousine and can hold up to 12 passengers. It took two years to complete this masterpiece on wheels, and was finished less than three months ago. It has about 16,000 miles ( approximately 2575 km) on the odometer.
The bus is powered by a custom VW 2074cc engine, with dual port, and single carburetor. This “monster”works very effectively, even when the vehicle is fully loaded.
The engine lid hinges, the wiring harness, the brake system, the mirrors, and everything-else you can think of are brand new! The transmission, the engine, and the gear reduction boxes were completely disassembled and rebuilt using only new parts.
If you want to know more about this unique vehicle, here is a non-exhaustive list of its high-end parts:
- Front Safari windows – stainless steel
- Rear Safari window – stainless steel
- 14 Side Pop-Out windows with Large Spoon Latches
- Chrome front door window frames
- Polished deluxe trim on beltline and bumpers with black rubber inserts
- Front disc brakes
- Gene Berg performance shifter with reverse lock-out
- LED headlights
- LED custom tail lights
- Vintage Speed exhaust system
- Blaze-Cut automatic fire suppression system
- Viper alarm with custom sensors and remote notification
- Ultima Red Top battery (to run the bus) and Ultima Yellow Top battery (to run the electronics)
- RGBW LED light strips running the entire length of the interior of the bus on both sides (can be changed to ANY color)
- Custom wood flooring and wood interior
- American-style bumpers (powdercoated RAL9016 traffic white
- Stainless steel drink holders in passenger area
- All new rubber and glass throughout entire vehicle
- LCD screen with reverse back-up camera in license plate
- Custom gauges (oil temp, cylinder head temp, and oil pressure)
- Gerson metal (green metal) used for all rust repairs