The Pebble watch is a smartwatch that connects to your smartphone using Bluetooth, allowing you to control everything from your wrist. You’ll no longer have to reach for your phone (that is probably stuffed deep in your bag or pocket or somewhere else that is inconvenient) to check your missed calls, emails and messages. The smartwatch provides all the information you need, and it shows the time! It’s infinitely customizable, with loads of watchfaces and tons of apps. Heck, it’s even waterproof.
The Pebble is still under construction, as the main aim is currently that of raising funds for mass-producing. (You can preorder one here though).
- Load apps using Bluetooth
- 144 x 168 pixel display black and white e-paper
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
- 4 buttons
- Vibrating motor
- 3 axis accelerometer with gesture detection
- Distribute apps via Pebble watchapp store
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S running iOS 5 or any iPod Touch with iOS 5.
- Android devices running OS 2.3 and up. Works great with Android 4.0.
It won’t be long until anyone (who funded the project or has enough money to get one) will wear a Pebble on their wrist.