Lionel Brockman Richie Jr., an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and television judge, is predicted to have a net worth of $230 million in 2022. During the 1970s, he had a successful career as a lyricist and lead vocalist with the Commodores. This page will address Lionel Richie net worth and his life in general.
Lionel Richie Net Worth: $230 Million
|Net Worth||$230 Million|
|Date of birth||June 20th, 1949|
|Age||73 years old|
|Height||5′ 11″ (1.80 m)|
|Source of Wealth||Music|
|Profession||Professional Singer, songwriter, actor, record producer|
|Nationality||United States of America|
As of March 2022, Lionel Richie’s total estimated net worth is $230 million. He is an Alabama-based singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer. Most of his fortune came from his successful singing career, and lucrative endorsement deals with well-known companies like Lion Nathan.
Net worth of Lionel Richie: facts you need to know
- Richie is incredibly well paid for his role as a judge on American Idol.
- Lionel has already spent four seasons behind the famous “Idol” bench, beginning with Season 16 and concluding with Season 19.
- Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, the lead vocalist of Good Charlotte, had a baby daughter in 2008, and Richie became a grandfather.
- Nicole Richie is Lionel Richie’s adopted daughter.
Lionel Richie net worth in 2022
A net worth of $230 million is expected for Lionel Richie in 2022. His earnings are around $10 million per American Idol season, putting him roughly in the middle with his fellow judges.
Lionel Richie net worth in the last three years
|Year||Lionel Richie Net worth|
Lionel Richie’s Early Life
On June 20, 1949, Lionel Richie was born in Tuskegee, Alabama. He was born and raised on the Tuskegee Institute campus. Richie graduated from Joliet Township High School in Joliet, Illinois, where he was a renowned tennis player. He attended Tuskegee Institute on a tennis scholarship and earned a B.S. in economics. Richie formed various R&B groups while attending Tuskegee University in the mid-1960s. Richie spent some time as a graduate student at Auburn University.
Lionel Richie’s Career
Lionel Richie’s career is simply extraordinary:
- Lion Rochie joined the “Commodores” in 1968 as a singer and saxophonist. In the same year, he got a one-record deal with Atlantic Records and then switched to Motown Records.
- The Commodores’ first studio album, “Machine Gun” came out in 1974. It was an album of funk music. Three years later, they put out an album called “Commodores”. It was a huge hit and is still considered one of their top five albums.
- In 1981, he and Diana Ross sang the theme song for the movie “Endless Love”. After that, the song was a big hit in the UK, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. It is also one of Motown Records’ most popular songs.
- In 1982, he made his first album as a solo artist. One of the singles from the album, “Truly”, reached number one on the US music charts.
- In 1983, Motown Records put out his next solo album, called “Can’t Slow Down”. It sold twice as many copies as his first album and helped him win two Grammy Awards.
- Lionel Richie sang “All Night Long”, one of his most popular songs, at the closing ceremony of the Olympics in Los Angeles the following year.
- He had a string of hit singles through 1984, such as “Stuck on You”, “Running with the Night”, “Penny Lover” and “Hello”. The next year, he wrote and performed a song called “Say You, Say Me” for the movie “White Nights”, for which he won an Academy Award.
- In 1985, he worked with superstar Michael Jackson on the charity single “We Are the World”, which became a big hit. The next year, he put out “Dancing on the Ceiling”, which was one of his most popular albums. It had hits like “Ballerina Girl”, “Se La”, and “Dancing on the Ceiling”.
- He stopped making music for a few years, but in 1992, he came back with a collection of his best songs called “Back to Front”. Four years later, he put out his fourth studio album, called “Louder Than Words”, which didn’t sell as well as he’d hoped.
- His fifth studio album, “Time” came out in 1998. Like his other albums, it didn’t do well and didn’t sell very many copies.
- The video game “Grand Theft Auto: Vice City” used Richie’s song “Running with the Night” from 2002 to 2005. During this time, he also appeared on the British show “Top Gear” and on an episode of “CMT Crossroads”.
- In 2006, he played at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and put out an album called “Coming Home”. The album went on to be one of the most popular records of the decade. In the same year, he hosted the show “An Audience with Lionel Richie” and sang on it.
- From 2007 to 2009, he was on “Australian Idol” and played at the New Year’s Eve party in Times Square. He also released the album “Just Go”. In 2009, he was seen performing at the memorial service for Michael Jackson.
- In 2010, he played at the National Memorial Day Concert in Washington, DC, and at the AFL Grand Final Replay. Two years later, he put out his tenth studio album, “Tuskegee”, which also has the hit singles of other recording artists.
- On NBC’s “The Today Show” in 2013, he said that he would start the “All the Nights, All Night Long” tour.
Lionel Richie’s Personal Life
On October 18, 1975, Lion Richie married Brenda Harvey. He began an affair with Diane Alexander while he was still married to her. He separated from Harvey after she discovered his deeds, and she then brutally attacked him and Alexander.
While still married to Harvey, he adopted Nicole Richie when she was nine years old.
On December 21, 1995, he married Diane Alexander. Miles Brockman is the couple’s son, and Sofia is their daughter. In 2004, the couple divorced.
He is a passionate breast cancer activist who has raised nearly $3.1 million for the ‘Breast Cancer Research Foundation.’
Lionel Richie’s luxurious life
According to VirtualGlobeTrotting, the iconic singer’s home is in Beverly Hills, and his neighbor is a businessman and plastic billionaire, Philip Evans Kamins. A home of this size and location is worth more than $11.0 million, yet Richie spent around $6.0 million on it in 1992. Score!
Richie enjoys a wealthy and opulent lifestyle. He owns the most valuable and luxurious automobile collection. Among them are:
- Ferrari Scaglietti
- Mercedes S550
- Range Rover L322
Find out details about other celebrities’net worth: